Did you know?
● Influenza, commonly known as the flu, is a highly contagious viral infection.
● Flu symptoms include fever, a cough, sore throat, fatigue, muscle aches, headaches, runny nose and watery eyes.
● The symptoms may sound familiar, however the flu is not the same as a common cold.
● Each year, the flu virus strains can change, affecting thousands of Australians.
● In some cases, it also leads to hospitalisation.
● The best protection against the flu is annual vaccination with a vaccine that targets the most recent and common circulating strains.
● If you are immunized, you are less likely to catch the flu, reduce the severity of the flu symptoms, and prevent passing it on to those close to you.
Flu protection from the vaccine takes up to two weeks to develop and it is best to get vaccinated before flu begins spreading in your community. So speak to your pharmacist now to get your vaccination at the pharmacy.
● 15 minute consultation
● No prescriptions required
● Administered by qualified health professionals
● Minimum age requirement applies as per State/Territory regulations
● Speak to our pharmacist about options for younger children
Find a participating Advantage Pharmacy near you and make a booking.
*If a suitable booking time is not available, please call your local Advantage Pharmacy to make an enquiry.